The 3000th inReach SOS Incident
Our Feature Story:
Guillaume Hullin often heads into the outdoors to break out of his routine and be more self-reliant for a period of time before returning to his job in information technology. He likes to document his travels on his youtube channel, where he records all of his experiences. Last October, Guillaume set out on an extended backpacking expedition to see the beauty of the Swedish wilds. He didn’t realize, however, that he would be trapped by an early winter storm.
Stuck in the middle of a blizzard in the most remote region in Europe, Guillaume’s only hope was to trigger an SOS on his inReach Satellite Communicator.
NOTICE: Some jurisdictions regulate or prohibit the use of satellite communications devices. It is the responsibility of the user to know and follow all applicable laws in the jurisdictions where the device is intended to be used. To access the Iridium satellite network for live tracking and messaging, including SOS capabilities, an active satellite subscription is required
What’s new with Garmin:
Keep listening after our feature story if you want to hear about:
- vivoactive 3 Music – Connected by Verizon. Leave your phone at home.
- NOTICE: Requires a monthly Verizon service plan. No annual contract and no need to switch phone providers.
- Keeping your wallet on your wrist with Garmin Pay
- Some of the best destination races — Cherry Blossom, Bay To Breakers, Broad Street Run and Disney Marathon.
- Click here to learn how to change your watch face
- Spring Training tips from a Garmin Associate who has run the Boston Marathon 7 times.
Do you have a story to share? Email us: [email protected]
Full transcription here.
Garmin • Outdoor • Fitness • Aviation • Fishing & Hunting • Marine