Use Your Garmin Device to Keep Working Out, Indoors or Outdoors
Whether you’re working out in your living room or home gym, Garmin is here to help you practice social distancing without distancing yourself from your fitness routine! In fact, in this trying time, maintaining your fitness and health is more important than ever. Fortunately, Garmin products offer you a wide variety of ways you can still stay active indoors or outdoors.
Take a look at our list below, and see how you can keep working on that fitness:
- Exercise guides. Not sure where to start with at-home exercises? Some of our smartwatches like Venu offer easy-to-follow exercises for strength, cardio, yoga and Pilates. These animated tutorials come preloaded on the watch, and you can download more from the Garmin Connect app.
- Yoga. At-home yoga helps you de-stress and remain mindful of your breath. Our vívoactive 4 fitness watch offers respiration and stress tracking throughout the day but also for yoga activities, so you can easily attain that greater peace of mind.
- Indoor cycling. What if you’re a cyclist? Our Tacx bike trainers are quiet and accurate. It’s like a dream come true so you can ride hard even in the living room.
- Build your own workout. It’s easy to create your own workout on Garmin Connect. Once you do, you can send it to most Garmin smartwatches like fēnix. Here is a detailed explanation on how to build your own workout.
- Connect IQ apps for workouts. You can also download additional apps for your workout routine. Read all about them here [link toConnect IQ Apps For Working Out, Training and More blog]
- Fitness tracking and timer. If you know your workout routine, Garmin devices can still help you track your fitness and health levels, as well as provide additional features like a stopwatch for those 8-minute ab burns!
- Run! It’s simple, you can do it alone and it’s great for boosting your immune system and getting that heart rate up. Our Forerunner series watches are designed for every kind of runner, and are a great aid for tracking and planning your running routine. If you want to start a more formal training plan, check out our watches with Garmin Coach which has plans for 5k, 10k and Half Marathon.
- Or walk! Walking is absolutely a great habit. It’s just as vital for the mind as it is for the body. All of our wearable devices have step counters and most include walking activities, so you can track every step of your fitness journey.
Regardless of how you choose to work out, it’s essential that you move. There is no better time to beat yesterday than today. Above all else, we recommend you practice safety and health-consciousness first and foremost, as advised by health and government officials.