Garmin® vívofit jr. 3 fitness tracker for kids now available with The Mandalorian™ and Grogu™ band designs
Activity and adventure merge with new Star Wars™ bands and an app adventure that lets kids imagine taking on the galaxy as they meet daily activity goals
May 4, 2022 — Garmin International, Inc., a unit of Garmin Ltd. (NYSE: GRMN), today announced new band designs for the popular vívofit jr. 3 kids’ fitness tracker1 lineup. Kids can track their daily activity with The Mandalorian band or a playful Grogu band. Featuring a colorful display with The Mandalorian series-inspired watch faces, these kid-tough, swim-friendly fitness trackers come with a corresponding Star Wars adventure on a parent-controlled smartphone app that motivates kids to reach the recommended 60 minutes of daily activity. With a battery life of up to 1 year, kids can show their Star Wars spirit day and night, no recharging needed. New Garmin band styles in peach leopard and cosmic black are also available with an game-based learning, world tour-themed app adventure.
“The vívofit jr. 3 continues to be a hit with our youngest users,” said Dan Bartel, Garmin vice president of global consumer sales. “Kids are eager to meet their activity goals to see what happens next in the app adventure. We are excited to share these new designs and interactive stories with this next generation of Star Wars fans.”
A Star Wars experience
Two different etched band designs let kids choose between The Mandalorian-themed band and an eye-catching, green Grogu-themed band. The color screen can be customized with an exciting selection of watch faces featuring popular characters from both The Mandalorian and the entire Star Wars saga.
Relive the most exciting scenes of the Star Wars saga with the corresponding companion mobile app, Skywalker SagaTM – A Star Wars Adventure. With an adult as their helper, kids will experience the thrills and unforgettable moments of the epic Skywalker story. Enhanced graphics let kids experience the exciting adventure of escaping Darth Vader™ with R2-D2 and C-3POTM, helping Han SoloTM and ChewieTM fight the Empire, and even taking on the First Order™ with ReyTM and BB-8™. The more they meet their activity goals, the more they’ll get to see.
With the Mandalorian as their coach, Fitness Training cards teach kids basic exercise moves, like jumping jacks, downward dog, mountain climbers and more. The fun continues with an interactive Tap Challenge that lets kids collect virtual collectibles across the galaxy. When kids meet daily activity minutes, they’re rewarded with more time in the mobile challenge.
More than a fitness tracker
- Tracks steps, sleep, and daily recommended activity minutes, shaping habits for lifelong health and fitness.
- Meeting daily activity goals unlocks new levels in the interactive Garmin Jr.TM mobile companion app with adventures that correspond with the band’s design.
- Downloadable time screens and an “in case of emergency” widget that displays contact information
- Timed activities let kids track steps and estimated distance during playtime, sports practice and more and view their activity later in the Garmin Jr. app.
- Encourages friendly, whole family competition with Toe-to-ToeTM step challenges.
A helping hand for parents
The vívofit jr. 3 is a valuable tool for parents with the Garmin Jr. app where parents with a compatible device can:
- View their child’s activity, sleep, chore data and more. A great way to tell whether to cut back on screen time, adjust bedtimes, balance responsibilities between siblings and more.
- Assign chores and schedule alerts which show up as icons on the display, letting kids who can’t read know what they need to be doing. These chores can be set up to recur weekly or daily to help kids learn about schedules and responsibility.
- Encourage good behavior with virtual coins that can be redeemed by children for agreed-upon rewards.
- Parents can enable “Kid Mode” in the Garmin Jr. app to allow children limited access to monitor and check off their own chores and to view the latest mission in their app adventure.
The vívofit jr. 3 has a suggested retail price of $89.99 and is available now on Garmin.com.
Engineered on the inside for life on the outside, Garmin products have revolutionized life for runners, cyclists, swimmers and athletes of all levels and abilities. Committed to developing technology that helps people stay active and elevate performance, Garmin believes every day is an opportunity to innovate and a chance to beat yesterday. Other Garmin fitness brands include Tacx® and Firstbeat Analytics™. For more information, visit Garmin’s virtual Newsroom, email our press team, connect with @garminfitness/@garmincycling/@garminrunning on social media, or follow our adventures at garmin.com/blog.
Star Wars™ and related properties are trademarks and/or copyrights, in the United States and other countries, of Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or its affiliates. © & TM Lucasfilm Ltd..
About Garmin International, Inc.
Garmin Ltd. (NYSE: GRMN) is incorporated in Switzerland, and its principal subsidiaries are located in the United States, Taiwan and the United Kingdom. Garmin and vívofit are registered trademarks and Garmin Jr. and Toe-to-Toe are trademarks of Garmin Ltd. or its subsidiaries.
All other brands, product names, company names, trademarks and service marks are the properties of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
Notice on Forward-Looking Statements
This release includes forward-looking statements regarding Garmin Ltd. and its business. Such statements are based on management’s current expectations. The forward-looking events and circumstances discussed in this release may not occur and actual results could differ materially as a result of known and unknown risk factors and uncertainties affecting Garmin, including, but not limited to, the risk factors listed in the Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 25, 2021, filed by Garmin with the Securities and Exchange Commission (Commission file number 0001-411180). A copy of such Form 10-K is available at http://www.garmin.com/aboutGarmin/invRelations/finReports.html. No forward-looking statement can be guaranteed. Forward-looking statements speak only as of the date on which they are made and Garmin undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise.
Garmin International, Inc.
Phone | 913-397-8200
E-Mail | [email protected]
Public Company Information