Garmin announces Approach R10 integration with Titleist golf balls
Indoor launch monitor leverages industry leading Pro V1 RCT golf balls to provide precise spin rate and distance measurements
OLATHE, Kan./September 8, 2022 – Garmin International, Inc., a unit of Garmin Ltd. (NYSE: GRMN), today announced a collaboration with Titleist, the No. 1 ball in golf®, to bring enhanced compatibility between the Approach® R10 launch monitor and Titleist’s Pro V1® and Pro V1x® RCT golf balls. By using the Titleist RCT’s radar capture technology, golfers receive a more precise measurement on their Approach R10 portable launch monitor, including up to a 30 times more accurate reading of spin rate and up to a 50-percent increase in carry distance accuracy.
The Titleist RCT golf ball is optimized for indoor spin capture and engineered for radar-based launch monitors such as the Approach R10 to provide the most accurate golf ball data.
The award-winning Approach R10 is a lightweight portable golf launch monitor designed to help golfers improve their game at home, indoors or on the driving range. With more than a dozen key metrics1 shown in real time, including club head speed, ball speed, swing tempo, ball spin, launch angle and more, golfers of all skill levels can fine-tune their game.
Since its initial launch, Garmin has added several new features as well as compatibility with third-party software to the Approach R10, including:
- Updated Driving Ranges – The Approach R10 has been updated with new preloaded driving ranges to help practice a wider range of shots.
- Landscape Mode – View shots in a first-person perspective in landscape mode; perfect for users who want to project their simulation onto a screen.
- Environmental Settings – Golfers can better control the environment with new settings to account for weather conditions that affect the ball flight calculation.
- Home Tee Hero – With an active Garmin Golf™ app membership, players can utilize the Home Tee Hero golf simulatorto master and enjoy 42,000 golf courses worldwide.
- E6 Connect – Utilize the E6 Connect’s library of content (sold separately) to easily play photorealistic courses at any time.
- Awesome Golf – Play and compete with friends and family with an Awesome Golf subscription (sold separately).
- TGC 2019 – Play 150,000+ predesigned courses or create your own challenging course with TGC 2019 golf simulator software (sold separately).
- PinSeeker App – Compete for cash prizes and enjoy online closest-to-the-pin tournament play with the PinSeeker App.
Garmin customers can purchase the Titleist Pro V1 and Pro V1x RCT golf balls through authorized Titleist golf shops globally, as well as here. The Approach R10 is available now for a suggested retail price of $599.99. Learn more at Garmin.com/golf.
Engineered on the inside for life on the outside, Garmin products have revolutionized life for adventurers, athletes, and outdoor enthusiasts everywhere. Committed to developing products and services that enhance experiences and provide peace of mind, Garmin believes every day is an opportunity to innovate and a chance to beat yesterday. For more information, visit Garmin’s virtual Newsroom, email our press team, connect with @garmingolf on social media, or follow our adventures at garmin.com/blog.
1The Approach R10 requires a paired compatible smartphone downloaded with the Garmin Golf app.
About Garmin International, Inc.
Garmin International Inc. is a subsidiary of Garmin Ltd. (NYSE: GRMN). Garmin Ltd. is incorporated in Switzerland, and its principal subsidiaries are located in the United States, Taiwan and the United Kingdom. Garmin is a registered trademark.
All other brands, product names, company names, trademarks and service marks are the properties of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
Notice on Forward-Looking Statements
This release includes forward-looking statements regarding Garmin Ltd. and its business. Such statements are based on management’s current expectations. The forward-looking events and circumstances discussed in this release may not occur and actual results could differ materially as a result of known and unknown risk factors and uncertainties affecting Garmin, including, but not limited to, the risk factors listed in the Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 25, 2021, filed by Garmin with the Securities and Exchange Commission (Commission file number 0001-411180). A copy of such Form 10-K is available at http://www.garmin.com/aboutGarmin/invRelations/finReports.html. No forward-looking statement can be guaranteed. Forward-looking statements speak only as of the date on which they are made and Garmin undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise.
Garmin International, Inc.
Phone | 913-397-8200
E-Mail | [email protected]
Public Company Information