Coming soon to a city near you: the 2022 Garmin Tacx Mash Down Tour
Demo popular Garmin cycling products, ride on Tacx trainers and compete in head-to-head challenges in cities across the United States
OLATHE, Kan./January 11, 2022/Business Wire – Garmin® International, Inc., a unit of Garmin Ltd. (NYSE: GRMN), today announced the 2022 Garmin Tacx Mash Down Tour, an 11-city tour beginning January 20, that will showcase the Garmin and Tacx® ecosystem to cyclists around the U.S. through hands-on demos, head-to-head challenges on Zwift and more.
“The robust Garmin and Tacx ecosystem includes products that can help you ride anywhere and at any time, and we are excited to showcase what we have to offer in cities around the country,” said Susan Lyman, Garmin vice president of global consumer marketing. “Whether you’re a seasoned rider interested in updating your gear, a new cyclist looking for your first indoor trainer, or simply searching for tools to take your training to the next level, we can’t wait to show you our state-of-the-art products that help make every ride count.”
At each tour stop, attendees will have the chance to test the latest Tacx trainers and Tacx Training app, Edge® GPS cycling computers and sports nutrition from GU Energy Labs, race in head-to-head challenges on Zwift emceed by renowned cycling announcer David Towle, and enter to win a new Garmin Edge GPS cycling computer. Attendees will also be entered in a sweepstakes to win one of three new Tacx trainers that will be given away at the end of the tour.
The following locations are included in the 2022 tour:
- January 20: Pasadena, California
- Incycle – Pasadena, 6-8 p.m.
- January 21: Chula Vista, California
- Pulse Endurance Sports, 6-8 p.m.
- February 3: Austin, Texas
- Mellow Johnny’s, 5-8 p.m.
- February 4: Houston, Texas
- Society Cycle Works – Sugar Land, 5-7 p.m.
- February 17: Boulder, Colorado
- Full Cycle Bikes & Colorado Multisport, 6-8 p.m.
- February 18: Denver, Colorado
- BikeSource – Highlands Ranch, 6-8 p.m.
- March 3: Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
- No Boundaries Sport – Fort Lauderdale, 6-8 p.m.
- March 4: Miami, Florida
- Garmin Miami – Lincoln Road, 5-8 p.m.
- March 18: Kansas City, Kansas
- Erik’s Bike Shop – Overland Park, 6-8 p.m.
- March 23: Boston, Massachusetts
- Landry’s Bicycles, 6-8 p.m.
- March 24: New York City, New York
- Brands Cycle & Fitness, 5-8 p.m.
- March 25: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Bike Works – Newtown, 6-8 p.m.
In addition to riding the latest Tacx trainers, attendees will experience the full Garmin cycling ecosystem through hands-on demonstrations of Garmin’s most popular cycling products and training tools, including:
- Edge cycling computers, like the Edge 530, Edge 830 and Edge 1030 Plus that provide performance data and metrics, as well as GPS and navigational support.
- Varia™ radars, like the Varia RTL515, that warn of vehicles approaching from behind, while a tail light brightens and flashes to alert drivers of a cyclist ahead.
- Rally™ pedals that measure total power, cadence, advanced cycling dynamics and more on any ride.
- Smartwatches that monitor stats, crunch the numbers and get to know all about an athlete’s performance, training history, goals and more.
- The Tacx Training app, an all-in-one cycling experience available on smartphones, tablets or desktops, allows riders to explore high-quality training films and 3D map rides1, race against live opponents, create custom workouts and more.
Engineered on the inside for life on the outside, Garmin and Tacx products have revolutionized life for runners, cyclists, swimmers and athletes of all levels and abilities. Committed to developing technology that helps people stay active and elevate performance, Garmin believes every day is an opportunity to innovate and a chance to beat yesterday. Other Garmin fitness brands include Firstbeat Analytics™. For more information, visit Garmin’s virtual pressroom at garmin.com/newsroom, email [email protected], follow us at facebook.com/garminfit, twitter.com/garminnews, instagram.com/garminfitness, youtube.com/garmin, linkedin.com/company/garmin or find us on the blog at garmin.com/blog/fitness.
1 Tacx Premium or Premium HD subscription required
About Garmin International, Inc.
Garmin International, Inc. is a subsidiary of Garmin Ltd. (NYSE: GRMN). Garmin Ltd. is incorporated in Switzerland, and its principal subsidiaries are located in the United States, Taiwan and the United Kingdom. Garmin, Tacx and Edge are registered trademarks and Varia, Rally and Firstbeat Analytics are trademarks of Garmin Ltd. or its subsidiaries.
All other brands, product names, company names, trademarks and service marks are the properties of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
Notice on Forward-Looking Statements
This release includes forward-looking statements regarding Garmin Ltd. and its business. Such statements are based on management’s current expectations. The forward-looking events and circumstances discussed in this release may not occur and actual results could differ materially as a result of known and unknown risk factors and uncertainties affecting Garmin, including, but not limited to, the risk factors listed in the Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 26, 2020, filed by Garmin with the Securities and Exchange Commission (Commission file number 0-31983). A copy of such Form 10-K is available at http://www.garmin.com/aboutGarmin/invRelations/finReports.html. No forward-looking statement can be guaranteed. Forward-looking statements speak only as of the date on which they are made and Garmin undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise.
Garmin International, Inc.
Phone | 913-397-8200
E-Mail | [email protected]
Public Company Information