Tread off-road navigator now tracks sporting dogs when used with select Garmin GPS dog systems
Feature update allows in-vehicle dog tracking
OLATHE, Kan./August 19, 2021 – Garmin® International Inc., a unit of Garmin Ltd. (NASDAQ: GRMN), today announced a free software update for its Tread™ powersport navigator that offers hunters and dog handlers embedded technology to help track sporting dogs after pairing Tread with select Garmin GPS dog systems (sold separately). Users will now be able to see markers on Tread’s navigation display for each of their dogs within tracking range. What’s more, Tread’s directional cues will help owners easily locate their dogs to help follow their every move.
With this update, users can pair Tread with the following Garmin dog tracking devices:
- Alpha® 100/200i
- Astro® 320/430/900
- PRO 550 Plus
Tread’s design and feature set is purpose-built for off-road adventures:
- Rugged, weather-resistant (IPX7 water rating) powersport navigator with 5.5-inch glove-friendly and ultrabright touchscreen
- Stay connected to friends with the Group Ride Radio which allows tracking for up to 20 riders
- Enjoy voice communication using the included push-to-talk fist mic, or pair Tread with your Bluetooth®-enabled helmet or headset (not included) for hands-free communication
- Preloaded topographic maps of North and Central America, detailed street maps of North America, private and public land boundaries, Bureau of Land Management, plus U.S. Forest Service Roads and trails and Motor Vehicle Use Maps (MVUM) for full-sized 4x4s, side-by-sides, ATVs and more
- Downloadable high-resolution Birdseye Satellite imagery via Wi-Fi® technology directly to the device; no annual subscription
- Pair Tread with a compatible Garmin inReach1 satellite communicator to stay in touch globally via two-way messaging and access weather and interactive SOS
For a full overview of Tread’s features please click here.
Engineered on the inside for life on the outside, Garmin products have revolutionized the automotive industry and become essential to the lives of drivers, commuters and motorists of all types. Committed to designing user-friendly portable navigation solutions that provide time- and fuel-saving benefits for daily drivers, Garmin believes every day is an opportunity to innovate and a chance to beat yesterday. For more information, visit Garmin’s virtual pressroom at garmin.com/newsroom, contact the Media Relations department at [email protected], or follow us at facebook.com/garmin, twitter.com/garminnews, instagram.com/garmin, youtube.com/garmin or linkedin.com/company/garmin.
1Sold separately. Active satellite subscription required for the inReach device. Some jurisdictions regulate or prohibit the use of satellite communications devices. It is your responsibility to know and follow all applicable laws in the jurisdictions where the device is intended to be used.
About Garmin International, Inc.
Garmin International Inc. is a subsidiary of Garmin Ltd. (Nasdaq: GRMN). Garmin Ltd. is incorporated in Switzerland, and its principal subsidiaries are located in the United States, Taiwan and the United Kingdom. Garmin is a registered trademark.
All other brands, product names, company names, trademarks and service marks are the properties of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
Notice on Forward-Looking Statements
This release includes forward-looking statements regarding Garmin Ltd. and its business. Such statements are based on management’s current expectations. The forward-looking events and circumstances discussed in this release may not occur and actual results could differ materially as a result of known and unknown risk factors and uncertainties affecting Garmin, including, but not limited to, the risk factors listed in the Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 26, 2020, filed by Garmin with the Securities and Exchange Commission (Commission file number 0-31983). A copy of such Form 10-K is available at http://www.garmin.com/aboutGarmin/invRelations/finReports.html. No forward-looking statement can be guaranteed. Forward-looking statements speak only as of the date on which they are made and Garmin undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise.
Cesar A. Palacios
Garmin International, Inc.
Phone | 913-397-8200
E-Mail | [email protected]
Public Company Information