Garmin Outdoor Maps+ available now for select smartwatches
Premium, subscription-based mapping solution provides adventurers with the most up-to-date Garmin U.S. mapping – including satellite imagery – right on their wrist
OLATHE, Kan./February 28, 2023 – Garmin (NYSE: GRMN) today announced its premium mapping collection, Outdoor Maps+, is now available for customers with an Enduro™ 2, epix™ (Gen 2), fēnix® 7 series, MARQ® (Gen 2), quatix® 7 or tactix® 7 series smartwatch. Through a single, annual purchase, users will gain access to mapping content of the United States that is regularly updated and delivered directly to their compatible device.
Outdoor Maps+ complement the mapping features preloaded on select Garmin smartwatches while also adding:
- Satellite imagery: Photorealistic maps make it easy to see a high-resolution perspective from above and find land features, mark waypoints and more.
- Enhanced TOPO maps: Premium contours provide maximum detail to Garmin’s elevation mapping. View local terrain changes to plan routes, plus anticipate slope changes, elevation gain and more.
- Freshwater features: View detailed mapping of the National Hydrography Dataset, including inland lake, river, stream and wetland features.
- State plat maps: See how tracts of land are divided into lots across the nation, all with parcel boundaries and landowner information for public and private land types (where applicable).
- Public land maps: Color-coded map overlays show accessible public lands and contain state and national public lands, including national and state parks, Bureau of Land Management Lands, Wildlife Management Areas (WMAs) and more.
- Raster maps: Highly detailed U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) maps display trailheads, camping areas, trails, points of interest, water sources and more.
- Hunting units: See current hunting unit boundaries for each state, including those for multiple species (where applicable).
- Quad names: View quad names that correlate with traditional USGS paper maps.
Outdoor Maps+ subscriptions are currently available for download on compatible smartwatches for an annual price of $49.99. Outdoor Maps+ are also available for download on Montana® 700, 700i and 750i devices. For a full overview of Outdoor Maps+ features, click here.
Engineered on the inside for life on the outside, Garmin products have revolutionized life for adventurers, athletes, off-road explorers, road warriors and outdoor enthusiasts everywhere. Committed to developing products that enhance experiences, enrich lives and help provide peace of mind, Garmin believes every day is an opportunity to innovate and a chance to beat yesterday. Visit the Garmin Newsroom, email our media team, connect with @garminoutdoor on social, or follow our blog.
About Garmin International, Inc.
Garmin International, Inc. is a subsidiary of Garmin Ltd. (NYSE: GRMN). Garmin Ltd. is incorporated in Switzerland, and its principal subsidiaries are located in the United States, Taiwan and the United Kingdom. Garmin, fēnix, tactix, MARQ, quatix and Montana are registered trademarks and Enduro and epix are trademarks of Garmin Ltd. or its subsidiaries. All other brands, product names, company names, trademarks and service marks are the properties of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
Notice on Forward-Looking Statements
This release includes forward-looking statements regarding Garmin Ltd. and its business. Such statements are based on management’s current expectations. The forward-looking events and circumstances discussed in this release may not occur and actual results could differ materially as a result of known and unknown risk factors and uncertainties affecting Garmin, including, but not limited to, the risk factors listed in the Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2022, filed by Garmin with the Securities and Exchange Commission (Commission file number 0001-411180). A copy of such Form 10-K is available at http://www.garmin.com/aboutGarmin/invRelations/finReports.html. No forward-looking statement can be guaranteed. Forward-looking statements speak only as of the date on which they are made and Garmin undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise.
Stephanie Schultz and Natalie Miller
Garmin International, Inc.
Phone | 913-397-8200
E-Mail | [email protected]
Public Company Information