Garmin announces exciting feature updates to several of its smartwatches
Free software release adds wrist-based running dynamics, an obstacle racing activity, targeted adaptive coaching and more
OLATHE, Kan./June 6, 2023 – Garmin (NYSE: GRMN) today announced new software and feature updates for select smartwatches, including Enduro™ 2, epix™ (Gen 2), fēnix® 7 series, Forerunner® series, Instinct® 2 series and MARQ® (Gen 2)1. These new features will help customers get even more from their device.
Some of the notable features2 in this free software release include:
- Wrist-Based Running Dynamics: Measure running dynamics such as cadence, stride length, ground contact time and more right from the wrist—no app or accessory required.
- Load Ratio: Track short-term to mid-term load ratio to help stay in shape and avoid setbacks.
- Obstacle Racing Activity: Track run time, number of obstacles, heart rate and more during obstacle course events and record split times between running and obstacle sections while racing.
- Acclimation Improvements: View altitude acclimation as a percentage and receive insights on how the body is reacting to the current elevation.
- Targeted Adaptive Coaching for Cycling: Receive an entire week of daily suggested cycling workouts directly on a compatible smartwatch3. The workouts adapt to match a cyclist’s performance and the demands of upcoming events that are added to their Garmin Connect™ calendar.
The free software updates have started to roll out to compatible devices. Customers can update their smartwatch by enabling automatic updates from their device and syncing with Garmin Connect, or by using Garmin Express™. For a comprehensive list of features coming to associated devices, click here.
Engineered on the inside for life on the outside, Garmin products have revolutionized life for adventurers, athletes, and outdoor enthusiasts everywhere. Committed to developing products that enhance experiences and enrich lives, Garmin believes every day is an opportunity to innovate and a chance to beat yesterday. Visit the Garmin Newsroom, email our media team, connect with @garmin on social, or follow our blog.
1 For a comprehensive list of compatible devices, visit https://www.garmin.com/en-US/support/software/wearables/
2 See Garmin.com/ataccuracy.
3 When paired with a compatible power meter (sold separately)
About Garmin International, Inc.
Garmin International, Inc. is a subsidiary of Garmin Ltd. (NYSE: GRMN). Garmin Ltd. is incorporated in Switzerland, and its principal subsidiaries are located in the United States, Taiwan and the United Kingdom. Garmin, fēnix, Forerunner, Instinct and MARQ are registered trademarks and Enduro, epix. Garmin Connect and Garmin Express are trademarks of Garmin Ltd. or its subsidiaries.
All other brands, product names, company names, trademarks and service marks are the properties of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
Notice on Forward-Looking Statements
This release includes forward-looking statements regarding Garmin Ltd. and its business. Such statements are based on management’s current expectations. The forward-looking events and circumstances discussed in this release may not occur and actual results could differ materially as a result of known and unknown risk factors and uncertainties affecting Garmin, including, but not limited to, the risk factors listed in the Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2022, filed by Garmin with the Securities and Exchange Commission (Commission file number 0001-411180). A copy of such Form 10-K is available at http://www.garmin.com/aboutGarmin/invRelations/finReports.html. No forward-looking statement can be guaranteed. Forward-looking statements speak only as of the date on which they are made and Garmin undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise.
Stephanie Schultz and Natalie Miller
Garmin International, Inc.
Phone | 913-397-8200
E-Mail | [email protected]
Public Company Information