Drive with an eyewitness using the new all-in-one dash cam/navigator series from Garmin
Garmin DriveCam 76 and RVcam 795 bring premium navigation technology and high-def video capabilities to everyday and recreational drivers
OLATHE, Kan./August 10, 2022/Business Wire – Garmin International, Inc., a unit of Garmin Ltd. (NYSE: GRMN), today announced the Garmin DriveCam™ 76 and RVcam 795 all-in-one navigators with a built-in, high-definition dash cam1. Both models feature a sharp 7-inch display, 1080p HD video recording and wide 140-degree field of view to capture a broad picture of the road ahead. Once plugged in, the camera continually records and saves video of detected incidents, serving as an eyewitness behind the wheel. Saved videos are automatically stored in the secure online Vault and drivers can easily view and share2 clips using the Garmin Drive™ smartphone app.
“We’re excited about this series of all-in-one navigators, which combines our best-in-class car and RV navigation features with a sharp, built-in dash cam, giving you confidence that you’ll have video proof of unexpected incidents,” said Dan Bartel, Garmin vice president of global consumer sales. “Whether you’re making the morning commute to work or a trek across the country with the family, these navigators bring greater peace of mind to your time on the road.”
Thanks to the built-in, high-definition camera, these integrated devices help increase driver awareness with advanced driver assisted notices, including forward collision and lane departure warnings3.
Each camera-assisted navigator in this series is purpose-built with a feature set tailored for different types of motorists. Garmin recently introduced the dēzlCam OTR710, an all-in-one trucking navigator with built-in dash cam aimed at helping professional truck drivers protect their livelihoods. With the new Garmin DriveCam 76 and RVcam 795, everyday commuters and RV drivers can benefit from these higher-end camera safety features that have historically been limited to factory-installed technology packages from select vehicle manufacturers.
Keep an eye on the drive with the Garmin DriveCam 76, Garmin’s best-in-class navigation solution for everyday drivers:
- Use Garmin Voice Assist to control the navigator and pair with a compatible smartphone, with Bluetooth® technology, to make and take calls
- Drive smarter with live traffic, weather reports and fuel price information when paired with the Garmin Drive app
- Know what’s worth a stop using Tripadvisor® traveler ratings for hotels, restaurants, and attractions
- Reverse with confidence; Garmin DriveCam 76 is compatible with select Garmin backup cameras (sold separately) to help see behind the vehicle
Plan to make memories with the RVcam 795 navigator designed specifically for camping enthusiasts and families embarking on cross-country adventures with an RV or towable:
- Find great road options with custom routing4 for the size and weight of the RV or trailer
- Drive with greater awareness of potential hazards along the route with alerts for upcoming steep grades, animal crossings, sharp curves and speed changes
- Enjoy Birdseye Satellite Imagery for high-resolution overhead views of the campground or RV park to help with a smooth arrival
- Enhance any vacation with a preloaded database of RV Parks and Services, Tripadvisor traveler ratings, Ultimate Public Campgrounds, KOA® campgrounds and a directory of U.S. national parks
- View loyalty reward points for select travel plazas, including Pilot Travel Centers, LLC® across the U.S. Requires use of the Garmin Drive app
- Works seamlessly with other Garmin products, including the long-range BC™ 50 series backup cameras to help see behind the rig; the Garmin PowerSwitch™ digital switch box for convenient control of the RV’s 12-volt electronics and wireless Bluetooth-enabled headsets for high-quality audio on the road (each sold separately)
Today, Garmin also announced the new RV 795 GPS navigator, providing camping enthusiasts with the same leading-edge navigation benefits as the RVcam 795, but removes the built-in dash camera and camera-related features.
Available now, the Garmin DriveCam 76 has a suggested retail price of $449.99, while the RVcam 795 has a suggested retail price of $599.99. The RV 795 has a suggested retail price of $449.99. To learn more visit garmin.com/automotive.
Engineered on the inside for life on the outside, Garmin products have revolutionized the automotive industry and become essential to the lives of drivers, commuters and motorists of all types. Committed to designing user-friendly, purpose-built portable navigation solutions that enhance every drive, ride and adventure, Garmin believes every day is an opportunity to innovate and a chance to beat yesterday. For more information, visit Garmin’s virtual Newsroom, email our press team, connect with @garmin on social media, or follow our adventures at garmin.com/blog.
1Some jurisdictions regulate or prohibit use of the camera functions of this device. It is your responsibility to know and comply with applicable laws and rights to privacy in jurisdictions where you plan to use the camera function of this device.
2Requires an active Wi-Fi® connection
3Certain conditions may impair the warning function; visit Garmin.com/warnings for more details
4Not available in all areas. Entering your RV or trailer profile characteristics does not guarantee your RV’s characteristics will accounted for in all route suggestions. Always defer to posted road signs and road conditions
About Garmin International, Inc.
Garmin International Inc. is a subsidiary of Garmin Ltd. (NYSE: GRMN). Garmin Ltd. is incorporated in Switzerland, and its principal subsidiaries are located in the United States, Taiwan and the United Kingdom. Garmin is a registered trademark.
All other brands, product names, company names, trademarks and service marks are the properties of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
Notice on Forward-Looking Statements
This release includes forward-looking statements regarding Garmin Ltd. and its business. Such statements are based on management’s current expectations. The forward-looking events and circumstances discussed in this release may not occur and actual results could differ materially as a result of known and unknown risk factors and uncertainties affecting Garmin, including, but not limited to, the risk factors listed in the Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 25, 2021, filed by Garmin with the Securities and Exchange Commission (Commission file number 0001-411180). A copy of such Form 10-K is available at http://www.garmin.com/aboutGarmin/invRelations/finReports.html. No forward-looking statement can be guaranteed. Forward-looking statements speak only as of the date on which they are made and Garmin undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise.
Garmin International, Inc.
Phone | 913-397-8200
E-Mail | [email protected]
Public Company Information