Train for a 5K with Garmin Coach – Free Adaptive Training Plans from Garmin
Introducing Garmin Coach, where users have access to free training plans to help beginner to intermediate runners reach their 5K goal while adapting to suit their performance. Through Garmin Connect™, users can choose from three race goals before selecting one of three running coaches – Jeff Galloway, Greg McMillan and Amy Parkerson-Mitchell – to guide and motivate them. From there, step-by-step workouts can easily be synced to a compatible Garmin watch and will adapt based on the user’s performance in the plan.
Garmin Coach training plans support entry-level runners hoping to complete their first 5K to intermediate runners looking to improve their pace, up to an 8-minute mile. The process to get started is simple:
- Choose from one of three goals – run a 5K, run/walk a 5K, or run a 5K with a pace goal.
- Add details including fitness level, workout days and desired completion date.
- Choose from one of three coaches to guide the experience:
- Jeff Galloway, Olympian and best-selling author
- Greg McMillan, physiologist and online running coach
- Amy Parkerson-Mitchell, physical therapist and running expert
Once a plan is created, runners can view videos and running tips from the coaches, as well as in-depth articles about nutrition, running form and more in Garmin Connect. Garmin Coach is available to vívoactive 3, vívoactive 3 Music, Forerunner 645, Forerunner 645 Music and Forerunner 935 customers with support coming to additional devices – including the fēnix® 5 series – soon.