Introducing Garmin Coach, where users have access to free training plans to help beginner to intermediate runners reach their 5K goal while adapting to suit their performance. Through Garmin Connect™, users can choose from three race goals before selecting one of three running coaches – Jeff Galloway, Greg McMillan and Amy Parkerson-Mitchell – to guide and motivate them. From there, step-by-step workouts can easily be synced to a compatible Garmin watch and will adapt based on the user’s performance in the plan.
Garmin Coach training plans support entry-level runners hoping to complete their first 5K to intermediate runners looking to improve their pace, up to an 8-minute mile. The process to get started is simple:
- Choose from one of three goals – run a 5K, run/walk a 5K, or run a 5K with a pace goal.
- Add details including fitness level, workout days and desired completion date.
- Choose from one of three coaches to guide the experience:
- Jeff Galloway, Olympian and best-selling author
- Greg McMillan, physiologist and online running coach
- Amy Parkerson-Mitchell, physical therapist and running expert
Once a plan is created, runners can view videos and running tips from the coaches, as well as in-depth articles about nutrition, running form and more in Garmin Connect. Garmin Coach is available to vívoactive 3, vívoactive 3 Music, Forerunner 645, Forerunner 645 Music and Forerunner 935 customers with support coming to additional devices – including the fēnix® 5 series – soon.