Why You Shouldn’t Use Your Cellphone on a Motorcycle
Smartphones are built for a lot of great things — taking nearly professional quality photos, scrolling endlessly through social media feeds, keeping in constant contact with your friends … the list goes on. What they are not suited for, however, is the high amplitude vibrations found on a motorcycle. According to Apple®, you need to keep the iPhone® stowed safely away on your drive, or it may not work the way it’s supposed to when you arrive at your destination. (And it’s not just Apple; this applies to other phones as well.)
Luckily, Garmin has a solution that navigates you from points A to B — and fulfills all your needs in between. zūmo® XT is unshakeable, built specifically for the heat and vibrations of your ride. But it’s not just its durability that makes it a necessity. Keep reading for just a few of the reasons no bike is complete without a Garmin zūmo XT.
- A bright, big, glove-friendly display. Nobody wants to be squinting at their GPS while driving, and you don’t want to be taking your gloves off and on to control the screen either.
- Rugged build. Rough weather? Rough terrain? No problem — zūmo XT was built tough specifically for these situations.
- Lasting power. If you’re planning a cross-country trip, the last thing you want to worry about is a charger. zūmo XT can be hard-wired for constant power, or (with no power) it can last up to 3.5 hours at 100% brightness or 6 hours on regular settings.
- inReach® compatibility. If you’re taking the road less traveled, it’s always good to make sure you can contact your loved ones or emergency services should the need arise — and cellphone service isn’t reliable everywhere. When paired with a compatible inReach satellite communicator1, you can access two-way messaging, location sharing and SOS capabilities right from your zūmo XT.
- Track recorder. Love the route you took? Record it using the track recorder and save it for future adventures or share it with your friends.
- Garmin Adventurous Routing™. While the quickest way to get from point A to point B is always a straight line, sometimes it’s also the most boring. Turn on Garmin adventurous routing to select road preferences that ensures a twisty, gnarly adventure.
Need more reasons to purchase a Garmin zūmo XT? We’ve got ’em. Click here to learn more about your motorcycle’s must-have accessory.
1Active satellite subscription required. Some jurisdictions regulate or prohibit the use of satellite communication devices. It is the responsibility of the user to know and follow all applicable laws in the jurisdictions where the device is intended to be used. iPad, iPhone and Apple are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.