Make the most of your next outdoor activity or relive the trips you’ve taken. Our free BaseCamp software lets you plan outdoor activities, organise your data and share your adventures with others.
Take the Tour
Plan a Trip
Use BaseCamp to plan your next hiking, biking, motorcycling, driving or off-roading trip. You can view maps, plan routes, and mark waypoints and tracks from your computer and then transfer them to your device.
- Track Draw feature lets you trace your planned route and view elevation changes, helping you estimate the difficulty of a hike or bike ride.
- Plan the perfect scenic route for your next road trip, making sure your navigator takes you through certain waypoints.
- Play back your routes and tracks over time and save and share your adventure.
- Import and view maps in 2-D or 3-D, including TOPO and City Navigator®maps.
- Create, edit and organise routes, waypoints and more on your computer.
- View BirdsEye Satellite Imagery, BirdsEye TOPO Raster or BirdsEye Select raster maps, and transfer the data to your device (subscriptions required).
- Create and share geotagged photos.
- View playback of routes, tracks and adventures.
Survey the Terrain
BaseCamp displays your topographic map data in 2-D or 3-D on your computer screen, including contour lines and elevation profiles. Load map data from your handheld device, or import maps you've downloaded or purchased on DVD or microSD™ card. Consider our TOPO series maps, which offer detail on a scale of either 1:100,000 or 1:24,000.
BaseCamp lets you geotag photos, associating them with specific waypoints. You can see the exact scenery at any given location. Transfer the photos to your handheld device, publish photos directly to Picasa™, or email your geotagged photos directly to friends or family so they can navigate right to your favourite spots in the future.
Transfer Satellite Images
With BaseCamp and a BirdsEye Satellite Imagery subscription, you can transfer an unlimited amount of satellite images to your outdoor or fitness device and seamlessly integrate those images into your maps to get a true representation of your surroundings. It makes it easy to scout campsites, sources of water, potential hazards and more. If you prefer raster topographic maps, you can also download BirdsEye Select maps and pay only for the data you download.
Learn More About BaseCamp
For manuals, videos and other helpful information visit the Support Center.
Download for Free
- IBM-compatible computer running Windows Vista x64 or later
- Microsoft® .NET framework 4.6; a current version of .NET will be installed if needed
- A video card that supports OpenGL version 1.3 or later to view 3-D terrain
If you experience problems when interacting with the map views, make sure you have installed current video card drivers.
- Intel-based Mac running OS 10.10 or higher
- 1024 MB or RAM (2048 MB recommended)
Microsoft and Windows are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Mac is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.