Your training partner and your coach
Running a marathon is never easy. But now at least preparing for one is a lot simpler.
Garmin has teamed up with www.runnersworld.co.uk and 1983 London Marathon winner Mike Gratton to offer personalised training plans that you can follow directly on your Garmin Forerunner 205 or 305.
Your Forerunner can guide you lap-by-lap through each training run of your plan as you prepare to undertake your marathon, whenever and wherever it is.
The process is simple:
- visit www.runnersworld.co.uk/garmin
- select your target marathon time
- enter the date of your marathon
- select whether to train according to pace or heart rate
- save the file, and import into Garmin Training Center Software
- send the full plan to your Forerunner
- follow your session by switching on the Forerunner, selecting the workout for today’s date, and pressing start
- Mike Gratton will be on hand at the runnersworld web forum to give advice on the plans