Pregnancy Tracking with Garmin
If you are pregnant or hoping to become pregnant, it’s likely that you already understand the importance of tracking your pregnancy. The changes your body is going through are nothing short of miraculous, but it’s critical that you monitor them to make sure both you and your baby are staying healthy. And did you know that you can track your pregnancy with your Garmin smartwatch?
The same women’s health feature that allows you to track your menstrual cycle also allows you to monitor your pregnancy. It’s like a pregnancy app, but with the added convenience of having all of your other body metrics — like heart rate, sleep score, Body Battery™, stress score and more — sent from your wrist to the same, easily accessible Garmin Connect™ app on your compatible phone.
Let’s explore everything you can keep an eye on when tracking your pregnancy with Garmin.
What does the Garmin Pregnancy Tracking app track?
Can I track my ovulation? Can I track my pregnancy? What about pregnancy symptoms like morning sickness and pregnancy discharge? Yes to all of the above. The pregnancy tracking feature on your compatible Garmin smartwatch lets you track all of that and more. (Please note that if you have a Venu® 2 or Venu® 2S, these same features are available to you in the Garmin Women’s Health Tracking app.)
- Daily symptoms and mood: Paying attention to how your body is feeling and how it evolves during this time period is important. You’ll be able to log your daily physical symptoms — like acne, bloating, constipation, contractions, cramps, headaches, fatigue, tenderness — as well as your mood, with options like fine, happy, sad, overwhelmed, sensitive and more. Each month you’ll get a 4-week overview of symptoms you logged so you can identify larger patterns. If you are not yet pregnant but hoping to conceive, you can use the same Women’s Health Tracking app feature to track your menstrual cycle and ovulation.
- Baby size: Throughout your pregnancy, you’ll know approximately how big your baby should be measuring, with comparisons to real-life objects for scale. Watch your baby grow from the size of a strawberry to an acorn squash to a cabbage, and feel free to share the updates with friends and family so they can marvel right along with you.
- Baby movement: Are you fairly confident your baby is destined to be a soccer star with all the kicking they’re doing? Does it seem like they’re having hiccups all the time? You’ll be able to log all your baby’s movements, which can serve both as a keepsake of the pregnancy and a pattern of habits to discuss with your doctor in the event that you have any concerns.
- Tips for exercise and nutrition: You likely don’t need us to tell you that your body changes during pregnancy. (If you’re reading this, we’re guessing you’re feeling this already — or hoping to in the near future!) Remember, too, that what your body needs also changes. The Garmin pregnancy tracking app will provide exercise and nutrition suggestions as you progress in your pregnancy — from reminders to eat more protein to important information about how much extra water you should be drinking based on your trimester.
- Due date: Once your doctor has given you an approximate due date, you’ll be able to add this information to Garmin Connect to see a weekly countdown of how you’re progressing from week to week, with the final countdown leading up to your baby’s birthday.
- Weight gain: Obviously, gaining weight is going to be a significant part of this journey. But still, we hear it all the time: How much weight should I gain during pregnancy? The Garmin Pregnancy Tracking app will provide ballpark figures based on how far along you are so you’ll have something to measure against and be able to communicate with your doctor if something seems off.
- Training status: If your device monitors your training status, you may be concerned about losing progress during your pregnancy. To avoid this, you can go in and disable the feature so once the baby is born and you’re ready to get back into your workout routine, you can pick up where you left off. You can also disable the regular alerts you may receive to get up and move because your habits will often change during pregnancy.
What is the Garmin Contraction Timer?
When it’s nearly baby time, tracking your contractions is important. You and your partner can both download the Garmin contraction timer to see exactly how far apart your contractions are — which helps you determine whether you’re going into labor. In addition to recording the length and frequency of your contractions, you’ll also be able to access your history of previous contractions in order to compare.
Which Garmin watches have pregnancy tracking?
Many Garmin smartwatches will display your pregnancy tracking data right on your wrist, and all Garmin smartwatches are compatible with the free pregnancy tracking features in Garmin Connect. To see a complete list of smartwatches that are compatible with the Garmin pregnancy tracking app, click here. If you are a Venu 2 or Venu 2S user, click here for the comprehensive Women’s Health Tracking app.