Tips & Tricks to Monitor Your Health Using Garmin
Monitoring your health and wellness is always important to maintain a full picture of how you are doing both physically and mentally.
When you wake up in the morning, do you wonder how well rested you are? Or are you curious as to why you feel drained at the end of a stressful day? Select Garmin wearables offer a variety of features that help you get a pulse on how you’re doing from the inside out.
Monitoring Your Health:
- Health Stats – Having your resting
heart rate, sleep, stress, respiration, Pulse Ox and more right on your
wrist is a great way to keep tabs on your health and give you peace of
- Our smartwatches constantly sample your heart rate and will alert you if it stays too high or too low while you’re at rest. It also helps gauge how hard you work during activities.
- The Pulse Ox sensor gauges your blood oxygen saturation during the day and as you sleep to show how well your body is absorbing oxygen.
- Find out if you’re having a calm, balanced or stressful day. Using your heart rate variability, Garmin devices can measure stress as low, medium or high. Relax reminders will even prompt you to do a short breathing activity when you’re feeling stressed.
- See how you’re breathing throughout the day, during sleep, and during breathwork and yoga activities with Garmin’s respiration feature.
- Get a full picture of how you’re sleeping with a breakdown of your light, deep and REM sleep stages as well as Pulse Ox and respiration data, which is available on certain watches.
- Body Battery – Self-care is important. If you’re running on empty, you’re not doing your body or mental health any favors. Keep an eye on your Body Battery and use it as a cue to get more sleep, take more breaks, etc. Body Battery shows your body’s energy levels throughout the day so you can find the best times for activity and rest.
- Hydration Tracking
- Log your daily fluid intake as a reminder to stay hydrated and set up an auto goal for yourself.
- Some devices indicate sweat loss, so hydration goals will adjust based on your activity level.
- Menstrual Cycle
- Get a full picture of your health using menstrual cycle tracking. See cycle details alongside your other stats in Garmin Connect™ to identify patterns and make positive changes.
As important as monitoring your health is, working out is just as vital, helping to boost your immune system. Garmin offers a variety of activities and programs, from strength training to breathwork. Your wearable can be with you every step of the way when you’re keeping a close eye on your health.
Built-in Activities for You
- Animated Workouts – If you’re used
to working out at a gym or in a class, these animated workouts are a
lifesaver. You can choose different preloaded workouts (yoga, Pilates,
strength, cardio) and be assured your form is correct.
- Easy-to-follow, animated workouts come preloaded on certain watches, and you can download more from the Garmin Connect app.
- If your watch isn’t compatible with the animations, you can still download these workouts to your watch with step-by-step instructions from Garmin Connect
- If your watch is not compatible to download the workouts, you can still follow along in the Garmin Connect app
- Create your own workouts –Don’t see an animated workout you love? Try creating your own workout in Garmin Connect and sending it to your compatible smartwatch.
- Garmin Coach – These coaching plans are for those who
want to get out and run and try a new workout plan.
- Garmin Coach training plans help you achieve a goal or work towards being able to run a certain distance. These training plans come with drills, tips and tricks to successfully run further distances.
- Breathwork Activities – A new built-in
app on select devices, the breathwork activities serve to walk you through
some mindful and calming breathing exercises.
- When you want to relax or focus, you can start a breathwork activity, and the watch will track your stress and respiration to help you get a better understanding of how you’re breathing.
Garmin wants to support you in your health journey. It’s important that you take time every day to focus on your health and well-being, and Garmin is here to help.
*This is not a medical device and is not intended for use in the diagnosis or monitoring of any medical condition; see Garmin.com/ataccuracy. Pulse Ox not available in all countries.