Garmin and Tacx announce unrivaled roster of sponsored professional cycling teams and athletes for 2022
Garmin, alongside Tacx®, today announced sponsorship of more than 15 professional cycling teams and hundreds of professional runners, cyclists and triathletes for 2022 – all of whom have chosen the robust Garmin and Tacx ecosystem to help them achieve their race day goals.
We are thrilled that many of the world’s top cycling teams and athletes have selected Garmin and Tacx for training, racing and every adventure in between,” said Susan Lyman, Garmin vice president of global consumer marketing. “From our premium smartwatches and GPS cycling computers to our popular cycling safety tools and training accessories, these runners, cyclists and triathletes have access to one of the strongest product ecosystems on the market, and we look forward to contributing to their continued success.
Representing Garmin and Tacx in races around the world, the sponsored cycling teams and athletes will be equipped with top-of-the-line products, including:
- Forerunner® running watches will monitor stats, crunch the numbers and offer detailed insights into an athlete’s performance, training history, goals and more.
- Edge® cycling computers, including the Edge 530, Edge 830 and Edge 1030 Plus provide performance data and metrics to cyclists, as well as GPS and navigational support.
- The powerful and intuitive Tacx NEO 2T Smart indoor cycling trainer measures data within 1% and is known for its unique features including road feel, dynamic inertia and descent simulation, making training feel more lifelike.
- During training, the Varia™ RTL515 rearview radar warns of vehicles approaching from behind, while a tail light brightens and flashes to alert drivers of a cyclist ahead.
- The Index™ S2 Smart Scale provides athletes with key training biometrics, including body weight, BMI and body composition.
- Premium Tacx water bottles and slim, lightweight Ciro bottle cages help keep cyclists hydrated during training and racing.
Professional cycling teams
After years of riding with Garmin, the INEOS Grenadiers will move to the full Garmin and Tacx ecosystem in 2022. For years, the INEOS Grenadiers have relied on Garmin products to get them across the finish line and now the team, which is comprised of 31 riders, has chosen to include the powerful and accurate Tacx NEO 2T Smart in their training.
The team has worked closely with Garmin for a number of years and in using its products we know we’re at the forefront of cycling technology,” said Carsten Jeppesen, INEOS Grenadiers head of technical partners and cycling relations. “We share a desire to continually innovate, and we rely upon Garmin’s products to track our efforts and keep us safe while training and racing on the road. This is why we are thrilled to expand our current sponsorship, which covers Edge head units and Varia lights, to include heart rate monitors, smartwatches and the Tacx home training ecosystem. We are excited to see what we can achieve together in the coming years.
Quick Step-Alpha Vinyl joins the 2022 roster using both Garmin and Tacx products. The team, which has used Tacx trainers for years, is comprised of 30 riders from 13 different countries, including the reigning world champion Julian Alaphillippe. Quick Step-Alpha Vinyl, which boasts almost 800 UCI victories, will continue to train with Tacx NEO 2T Smart trainers and will now take advantage of the full Garmin ecosystem, using Edge cycling computers, Varia rearview radars, premium wearables and more.
Team Jumbo-Visma will continue using the full Garmin and Tacx ecosystem in 2022. The team, which includes a men’s, women’s and development team, will train and compete using Edge cycling computers, the Index S2 Smart Scale, premium Garmin smartwatches, Tacx NEO 2T Smart trainers and more.
Additional professional cycling teams sponsored by both Garmin and Tacx include:
|Astana Qazaqstan Team||NXTG by Experza|
|Canyon CLLCTV XCO||Rocacorba Collective|
|CANYON//SRAM Racing||SCOTT-SRAM MTB Racing Team|
|CST PostNL Bafang MTB Racing Team||Team SD Worx|
|CUBE Action Team||Team TotalEnergies|
|Lotto Soudal (M/F/Development)||Trek Factory Racing|
Garmin continues to sponsor Groupama-FDJ Cycling Team and Movistar Team (M/F).
Joining the likes of UTMB CCC winner Tom Evans, Garmin this is pleased to welcome a number of professional athletes to its 2022 roster:
- TJ Eisenhart, pro cyclist
- Courtney Frerichs, 2021 Olympic silver medalist and American Record holder in the steeplechase
- Skye Moench, Ironman champion
- Brennan Wertz, BWR Triple Crown second place winner
The new athletes will join hundreds of world-class competitors, including three-time Ironman World Champion Mirinda Carfrae; professional gravel rider Yuri Hauswald; 2021 Individual Pursuit World Champion and Individual Pursuit World Record holder Ashton Lambie; Ironman 70.3 World Champion Holly Lawrence; ITU Long Course World Champion Timothy O’Donnell; International Mountain Bike Hall of Fame inductee and “Queen of Pain” Rebecca Rusch; eight-time XCO World Champion Nino Schurter; and XCO National Champion and Leadville Trail 100 MTB Champion Keegan Swenson.
Engineered on the inside for life on the outside, Garmin and Tacx products have revolutionized life for runners, cyclists, swimmers and athletes of all levels and abilities. Committed to developing technology that helps people stay active and elevate performance, Garmin believes every day is an opportunity to innovate and a chance to beat yesterday. Other Garmin fitness brands include Firstbeat AnalyticsÔ. For more information, visit Garmin’s virtual pressroom at garmin.com/newsroom, or follow us at facebook.com/garmin.uk, twitter.com/garminuk, instagram.com/garminuk or linkedin.com/company/garminuk.