Introducing BlueChart g2 HD Charts and BlueChart g2 Vision HD Charts
Today Garmin is excited to bring HD content to our 2016 version of the BlueChart cartography product line, available in February. We have renamed our existing BlueChart g2 and g2 Vision charts to BlueChart g2 HD and BlueChart g2 Vision HD. The same features you enjoyed before are still included, with the addition of HD contours and improved Auto Guidance.
With BlueChart HD and BlueChart g2 Vision HD, you can expect the following benefits:
- Up to 1-foot HD fishing contours available in worldwide fishing charts.
- Auto Guidance 3.0 provides routing guidance to virtually any accessible destination on the water (g2 Vision HD only).
- Numerous chart and notice-to-mariner updates throughout the world.
- Improved chart coverage of Bermuda.
- Addition of multiple marinas in Italy.
- Updated navaid coverage in Queensland, Australia.
- Addition of 32 tide stations around Hawaii.
- Updates for numerous marine service points in North America and Europe.
The updated 2016 BlueChart HD line includes 2 products: g2 HD and g2 Vision HD. Users can choose from these 2 tiers:
BlueChart g2 HD: The standard tier provides basic chart navigation, including up to 1-foot HD fishing contours, tides, currents, marine POIs, IALA symbols and perspective chart view; invaluable tools for the mariner. BlueChart g2 HD is ideal for handheld devices and for the value-oriented models of the Garmin chartplotter lineup. Available on microSD/SD card or as a download via Garmin.com.
BlueChart g2 Vision HD: The premier tier provides all g2 HD features plus premium features, including Auto Guidance 3.0, Mariner’s Eye 3-D, Fish Eye 3-D underwater perspective, satellite imagery, marina and landmark photos, coastal road information and land-based-business POIs. BlueChart g2 Vision HD is the ideal companion for all premium Garmin chartplotters. Available on microSD/SD card or as a download via Garmin.com.