Get the Secrets to Your Most Energetic Year Yet
It's almost 2016! Is one of your resolutions for the new year to eat healthy? Our friends at t.Loft, a health cafe located in our hometown of Kansas City, have written these tips to help you make the most of what you put into your body and to fuel you to an epic 2016.
Are you ready to have a year full of ENERGY? Are you ready to make it through your entire day without struggling to keep your eyes open? Are you ready to have energy and excitement for your family and friends at the end of the day? It’s time to listen to your body and learn what fuels you. Our bodies are smart. They know what they need. If we listen, they will tell us what works for them and what does not. We are here to tell you what your body is begging for in 2016!
The body has its own language and we just have to learn to listen. The body can signal that something isn’t working by aching, fatigue, mouth or tongue irritability, bowl movements, headaches, or skin conditions. To have optimum energy your body needs the proper fuel. The tough piece of the puzzle is that all of our bodies are different. Only you know how you feel from the inside out. There are a few common factors that can assist in maintaining the energy we all should enjoy:
- Water: Drink water continuously throughout the day. Keeping your body hydrated is like keeping oil in your engine.
- Protein: Eat protein regularly. Protein helps to keep your blood sugar regulated throughout the day, which can help boost energy, mood, agitation, and even improve sleep. Key places protein can be found is in meat, eggs, beans, and nuts.
- Exercise: Get your blood pumping and your body sweating. This will help convert your food intake into energy output. Elevated blood flow also helps to filter out toxins and other irritants that can leave you feeling sluggish.
- Veggies: Eat your veggies. Dips in energy and fatigue can be a result of nutrient deficiencies stemming from consistently falling short of this suggestion. Eating a wide variety of veggies daily provides your body with essential vitamins and minerals to keep it running on full.
- Enzymes: Enzymes are essential to break down food to fuel. There are approximately 75,000 enzymes throughout the body. They can become depleted and make it difficult for your body to convert the fuel you need for energy. By eating a well-balanced diet that includes raw fruits, vegetables, and fresh juices, your body can get necessary enzymes. Enzymes are also available in capsule form. See a health specialist versed in enzymes to learn more.
Play an active role in equipping your body for energy, pay attention to what your body is telling you, and have an amazing and ENERGETIC 2016! Here’s to wishing you your best year yet from t.Loft.
t.Loft is a health café focused on fueling you to feel amazing with fresh juices, healthy meals, and snacks. Visit t.Loft on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or in person to find your fuel.