Garmin Hook, Line and Richer-Er Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR AGE OF MAJORITY, IF OLDER, TO ENTER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to any individual who is a legal resident of the 50 United States (excluding Puerto Rico residents) or the District of Columbia or of Canada (other than Quebec) and is 18 years of age or age of majority in jurisdiction of residence, if older, at the time of entry. Employees and their immediate families of Garmin International, Inc. (“Garmin”) and any of Garmin’s affiliated companies are not eligible. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
- AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Entry in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of Garmin, which are final and binding.
- SPONSOR: Garmin, located at 1200 East 151st Street, Olathe, Kansas 66062, is the sole sponsor of the Contest. The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
- CONTEST TERM: The Contest begins at 8:00 A.M. Central Time (“CT”) on October 12, 2020 and will continue until 5:00 P.M. CT on November 30, 2020 (the “Contest Term”). Entries received prior to or after the Contest Term will be disqualified. Garmin is the official timekeeper for the Contest Term, and all timekeeping decisions of Garmin shall be final.
- ENTRY; NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER:
A. Individuals enter the Filmed Event portion of the Contest by submitting to Garmin online their story about their best on-the-water fail (each a “Submission”). The Submissions will be posted on @GarminFishHunt Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages, @GarminMarine Facebook and Instagram pages, as well as the respective social media pages of Garmin Fishing Pros Bill Dance, Scott Martin and Mark Daniels Jr. (the “Garmin Pros”). Representatives of Garmin will review each Submission to pick approximately ten contestants for a casting call. Those contestants picked for the casting call will be interviewed by Garmin representatives to get more detail about their on-the-water fail described in their Submissions, as well as to determine who is the “biggest fan” of each of the Garmin Pros. Four contestants (the “Finalists”) will be picked from the casting calls to appear in a filmed event to be held November 2, 2020 at 9:00 AM CT (the “Filmed Event”). At the Filmed Event, the Finalists will have the opportunity to win a Prize (as defined below). To win a Prize, the Finalist must correctly answer a trivia question regarding a Garmin Pro posed to the Finalist.
B. The Filmed Event will be broadcast on a Facebook Premier event (the “Facebook Premier Event”) on November 18, 2020 at 11:00 A.M. CT. Subject to the eligibility requirements set forth in Section 1, any person logged into the Facebook Premier Event (a “Premier Event Participant”) will be an entrant in the Contest and will be eligible to submit answers to the questions posed in the Filmed Event. The first such person to submit a correct answer to a question will win a STRIKER Cast. If a Finalist does not correctly answer the Biggest Fan trivia question posed to such Finalist, the first Premier Event Participant to correctly answer the question will win the Biggest Fan Prize, and the second Premier Event Participant to correctly answer that question will win a STRIKER Cast.
C. Entries will not be acknowledged. Garmin and its affiliates assume no responsibility for any lost entries or any computer, internet, or technical malfunctions that might occur during the entry process. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service will apply.
D. Entries by any method other than set forth in this Section 5 are void. Garmin is not responsible for entries that it does not receive for any reason, or for entries that it receives but are ineligible under these Official Rules. Garmin will automatically disqualify any incomplete or illegible entry.
- JUDGING CRITERIA: Submissions will be judged on the following criteria: creativity, uniqueness of the story and extremeness of story. In addition to the foregoing, the casting call participants will be judged on enthusiasm, ability to articulate their story, and the ability to identify with others who have had mishaps on the water. Casting call participants will also be evaluated on how big of a fan each is of each of the Garmin Pros. For the awarding of Prizes to Finalists, each Finalist that correctly answer a Biggest Fan trivia question will win the Biggest Fan Prize associated with that question. All decisions of Garmin regarding judging of Submissions, the selection of the Finalists and the selection of the winners of Prizes are final and in the sole discretion of Garmin.
A. The prizes (each a “Biggest Fan Prize”) that Finalists can win at the Filmed Event are as follows:
- A Garmin electronic fishing device with an ARV of no less than $179.99
- A Garmin electronic fishing device with an ARV of no less than $599.99
- Garmin electronic fishing devices with a combined ARV of no less than $849.99
- Garmin electronic fishing devices with a combined ARV of no less than $2,999.98
If a Finalist does not correctly answer that Finalist’s Biggest Fan trivia question, the first Premier Event Participant to answer the question correctly will win the Biggest Fan Prize associated with that question.
B. The Prize that a Premier Event Participant can win is a Garmin electronic fishing device with an ARV of no less than $179.99. Four of these devices will be given to Facebook Premier Event winners.
C. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each Prize is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules and the date the Prize is awarded.
D. Each Prize is nontransferable and non-refundable and must be accepted as awarded. Prizes will be mailed to winners within 30 days of the end of the Contest Term.
- No cash or other substitution may be made, except by Garmin, who reserves the right to substitute for each Prize another item of equal or greater value if the original Prize is not available for any reason as determined by Garmin in its sole discretion. Winners are responsible for any taxes associated with receipt of a Prize.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: Garmin reserves the right to cancel, suspend, and/or modify the Contest if any fraud, virus, or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the Contest, as determined by Garmin in its sole discretion. Garmin reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any false information provided by any entrant concerning his/her identify or mailing address or any non-compliance by an entrant with these Official Rules may result in the immediate disqualification of the entrant from this Contest. ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, GARMIN RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Garmin’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- PUBLICITY: Notwithstanding any other term herein, except where prohibited by law, submission of any entry constitutes the entrant’s consent to use of entrant’s Submission, name, likeness, voice, state of residence, biographical information, statements about the Contest and/or the entrant’s photo, and with regard to the Finalists, their participation in the Facebook Live Event, for advertising and promotional purposes in any media now known or hereafter devised without review, notification, approval or compensation.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Garmin and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents, and facebook, instagram and twitter (the “Released Parties”), from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of the Contest Item, including but not limited to: (a) any inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants or printer errors; (b) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Contest; (c) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to electronic malfunctioning of any website, network, hardware or software; or (d) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the JUDGING of entries. ADDITIONAL POSSIBLE CLAIMS OR CAUSES OF ACTION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO, INFRINGEMENT OF ANY RIGHT OF PUBLICITY OR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY; THREATENED OR ACTUAL INJURY, LOSS, OR DAMAGE TO ANY PERSON, INCLUDING DEATH AND DISABILITY; DEFAMATION OR PORTRAYAL IN A FALSE LIGHT (INTENTIONAL AND UNINTENTIONAL); AND DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, ARISING OUT OF SUCH ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE FOR OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THIS CONTEST. Without limiting the foregoing, everything in these Rules and in this promotion, including, with the exception of Garmin’s standard limited product warranty, the prizes awarded, is provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. Some jurisdictions may not allow the limitations or exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to all entrants. Each entrant should check his/her local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding these limitations or exclusions.
- DISPUTES: Except where prohibited by law, each entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of Kansas; and (b) entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages, including attorney’s fees. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Garmin in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Kansas.
- RULES: A copy of these Official Rules will be posted at https://www.garmin.com/en-US/blog/category/fish-and-hunt/. Interested persons can obtain a list of the Contest winners and a copy of these Official Rules by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Garmin International, Inc., Attn: Social Media Department, 1200 East 151st Street, Olathe, Kansas 66062.