We have incorporated new enhancements and features to our GTN 650/750 series touchscreen navigators. With the latest software update and a compatible ADS-B In receiver, pilots can now view new FIS-B weather products on the GTN. Also, when the GTN 650/750 is paired with a G3X Touch flight display in experimental/amateur-built aircraft, pilots now have the option to edit VFR flight plan information from the G3X Touch. These features and more are available immediately from Garmin Authorized Dealers for hundreds of aircraft makes and models.
New FIS-B weather product support
When paired with a compatible ADS-B In product such as the GTX 345 or GDL 88, pilots can now access the latest FIS-B weather products on the moving map alongside flight plan information and dedicated weather pages within GTN 650/750. These new weather products include lightning, cloud tops, turbulence, icing (current and forecasted), graphical AIRMETs and center weather advisories (CWA). This adds to the growing number of Garmin products that already support these new weather products, including Garmin Pilot on Apple mobile devices, G3X Touch and the aera 660 aviation portable.
G3X Touch flight plan editing
Pilots who have a GTN 650/750 installed alongside a G3X Touch flight display in an experimental/amateur-built aircraft now have additional flight planning and editing options. VFR flight plans can now be completed on the G3X Touch display, and then automatically synced to the GTN for added convenience when using either the G3X Touch or GTN.
- The GTN 650/750 now displays a selected altitude intercept arc on the moving map when it’s installed with a Garmin primary flight display (PFD) such as the G500 TXi/G600 TXi, G500/G600 or G3X Touch. When pilots input a preselected altitude on the PFD, the selected altitude arc will populate on the map page to indicate where the aircraft will arrive at that particular altitude.
- For customers with SiriusXM Aviation Weather, pilots now have the option to alternate between base reflectivity and composite reflectivity NEXRAD weather radar imagery.
- Pilots operating into airports throughout the world that are not served by SBAS, can now receive advisory vertical guidance (LNAV+V) while flying LNAV approaches with the GTN 650/750.
- When SiriusXM aviation weather or FIS-B weather cannot be displayed on the GTN 650/750, the “no coverage” area of weather is transparent so pilots can still view airports, basemap information and more.
- Customers receive a VNAV aural alert for Top of Descent (TOD).
- Traffic and weather from a GNX 375 can now be displayed within the GTN 650/750.
The latest GTN software upgrade is available immediately from Garmin Authorized Dealers for hundreds of aircraft makes and models. This upgrade is available at no charge. A dealer installation charge may apply. Garmin avionics are supported by our award-winning aviation support team, which provides 24/7 worldwide technical and warranty support.