Garmin G5 Electronic Flight Instruments purchased or installed since May 2021 listed in the link below are affected.
Serial numbers can be checked in Configuration Mode.
To enter configuration mode and view the serial number:
- Hold down the knob while applying power to the G5.
- Select Device Information.
- Select SFD, SFD1, or SFD2.
This service bulletin contains instructions to return the affected product to Garmin.
If the G5 product is affected:
- For certificated aircraft, contact your local Garmin Aviation Dealer for an RMA.
- For experimental aircraft, contact Garmin Product Support.
Make a logbook entry indicating compliance with Garmin Service Bulletin 2193.
Some G5 Flight Instruments may show an incorrect airspeed.