This bulletin is applicable to GTX 23, GTX 33(D)(ES)(H), & GTX 330(D)(ES) units with software version 7.04 or previous software versions that are not installed in a Garmin Integrated Flight Deck system (G1000, G1000H, G950, G900X, Cirrus Perspective™, and Embraer Prodigy® Integrated Flight Deck Systems).
This Service Bulletin incorporates new unit software version 8.02 for GTX units. Software version 8.02 incorporates the following upgrades:
- Updates ATCRBS/Mode S functionality to TSO-C112d.
- Updates Automatic Dependent Surveillance – Broadcast (ADS-B) function to add support for the optional Target State and Status squitter message.
- Enhances the GTX 330 display of software version.
- Enhances air state determination algorithms to more closely match other Garmin products.
- Adds suppression logic to the ADS-B Position Warning for the first 150 seconds after power on to avoid nuisance alerts.
- Removes limitation on installations using a Gilham based serial altitude encoder.