CERTIFICATION APPROVAL: TSO Authorization
COMPLIANCE: Optional: except as noted below, the modification is at the owner/operator’s discretion. Mandatory: for installations that include GNS 480 (CNX80) units interfaced to GTX 33ES/330ES units.
SYSTEM: GNS 480 (CNX80) with Garmin Part No. 430-6100-8xx-xxx.
PURPOSE: This Service Bulletin announces the availability of new GNS 480 (CNX80) Software Version 2.4 and GPS/WAAS Software Version 5.1.
GNS 480 (CNX80) Software Version 2.4 contains of the following new capabilities and features:
- Adds support for the GNS 480 to be used as a position source for AC 20-165 compliant ADS-B Out operation of the GDL 88
- Adds a new configuration option to the transponder interface menu when the GNS 480 is used as a position source for AC 20-165 compliant ADS-B Out operation of the GTX 33ES/330ES transponder
- Corrects an issue that could cause the GNS 480 to perform a system reset when interfaced to a GTX 33ES/330ES transponder
- Adds support for new GTX 33ES installer configuration items
- Adds support for advisory vertical guidance on LP approaches (LP +V)
- Corrects an issue where on some VOR approaches the GNS 480 could load the wrong frequency into the standby position
- Corrects the issue, addressed in SA 1047 and IB 1048, in which CDI (Course Deviation Indicator)/HSI (Horizontal Situation Indicator) scaling on a limited number of LNAV/VNAV and LNAV+V approaches was incorrect. The affected LNAV/VNAV and LNAV+V approaches, which have been selectable as LNAV-only approaches in the interim, can now be selected as LNAV/VNAV or LNAV+V