All G1000/G900X/G950 installations with 10-inch GDU 1040, GDU 1042, GDU 1043, GDU 1044, and GDU 1044B displays are affected.
Download 0824RevC for a list of affected serial numbers.
The following G1000-equipped aircraft may include one or more of the affected GDU 104X displays listed above.
Piper PA 32 Saratoga
Quest Kodiak 100
Hawker Beechcraft G36 Bonanza
Hawker Beecncraft G58 Baron
All G900X/G950 aircraft installations may also include one or more of the affected GDU 104X displays listed above.
Garmin has identified an issue, whereby the large (outer) BARO knob and the small (inner) CRS knob may interfere with each other.
IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED
PFD and MFD CRS/BARO Knob Interference Test
- Apply power to the G1000/G900X/G950.
- Press the CDI softkey on the Primary Flight Display(s) (PFD) to enter VOR mode on the HSI.
- Rotate the large (outer) BARO knob a minimum of three complete revolutions in each direction while monitoring the Horizontal Situation Indicator/Digital Course Indicator on the PFD. If a change in the Horizontal Situation Indicator/Digital Course Indicator is produced while turning the BARO knob contact your local Garmin Service Center or OEM Dealer to replace the knobs.
In some installations the Digital Course Indicator does not display unless the field is actively being edited. In these instances, if the Digital Course Indicator does not appear while turning the BARO knob, no interference is present.
4. Rotate the small (inner) CRS knob a minimum of three complete revolutions in each direction while monitoring the Barometric Altimeter Setting on the PFD. If a change in the Barometric Altimeter Setting is produced while turning the CRS knob contact your local Garmin Service Center or OEM Dealer to replace the knobs.
5. Repeat Steps 3 and 4 for each affected GDU.
When testing the Multi Function Display (MFD), the indications must be monitored on the PFD.
If no interference is observed, the pilot performing the check should make the following aircraft logbook entry:
On dd/mm/yyyy the CRS/BARO knobs on installed displays were checked for interference with none found per Garmin Service Alert 0824. Signed – (pilot name here)