Garmin has identified an issue where a G1000/G900X interfaced to a non-Garmin analog autopilot can incorrectly NAV-couple and/or remain NAV-coupled to a VOR signal that is flagged. This condition is limited to VOR tracking.
GPS and LOC operation is not affected.
Monitor the VOR validity on the HSI while the non-Garmin analog autopilot is in NAV mode and coupled to a VOR. If the VOR becomes flagged, manually cancel autopilot NAV mode coupling.
GIA Main software version 5.51 or later will address this issue.
Your G1000/G900X IS affected if all of the following statements are true:
- Your G1000/G900X is interfaced to a non-Garmin analog autopilot
- Your GDU software version is between 7.00 and 8.20, inclusively
- You have GIA main software version 5.50 or earlier
Your G1000/G900X is NOT affected if any of the following statements are true:
- Your G1000/G900X is interfaced to a GFC 700 autopilot
- You have GIA main software version 5.51 or later
GDU and GIA software versions can be viewed on the AUX-System Status page in Normal mode on the MFD (see example). Refer to the applicable airframe specific G1000 Pilot’s Guide for instructions on how to select the AUX-System Status page.