GDU 620 units that are interfaced with GDL 88
GDU 620 units may not be able to display FIS-B weather data from the GDL 88 on some power cycles.
To resolve this issue (without verifying that it is occurring), perform the following steps.
- After power is applied to the GDU 620 and GDL 88, wait at least 30 seconds (to allow the GDL 88 time to boot up).
- On the GDU 620, navigate to the AUX > ADS-B/FIS-B STATUS page.
- Change the FIS-B Enable setting on that page to Disabled and then back to Enabled.
To verify that this issue is occurring, and then resolve the issue, perform the following steps.
- Verify that no weather data is displayed on the FIS-B Weather Map.
- Navigate to the AUX > ADS-B/FIS-B STATUS page.
- Examine the text color of the weather product names listed on the page.
a) If all weather product names are displayed in grey text, the GDL 88 is not yet online.
b) If any of the weather product names are displayed in green text, there is no issue during the current power-cycle and all weather products will be received as they become available.
c) If all weather product names are displayed in white text, the GDL 88 is online but no weather products have yet been received. This may indicate that the current power cycle is experiencing the above issue, or it may be that no weather products are yet available (allow at least 2 minutes after weather products are first available on other displays, or after the "WAITING FOR DATA" yellow banner is removed from the FIS-B WX map pages).
- If all weather products continue to be displayed in white text, change the FIS-B Enable setting on that page to Disabled and then back to Enabled to resolve the issue.