Added Navigation Database Resolution
G1000, Cirrus Perspective, Embraer Prodigy, G950, and G900X systems with GDU version 14.99 or earlier, G2000, G3000, and G5000 with GDU version 4.99 or earlier, GNS 400W/500W Series with main version 5.0x or earlier, and GTN 6xx/7xx Series with main version 5.12 or earlier are affected.
A limited number of RNAV (GPS) approaches, including all service levels, are unavailable for selection when the approach includes LP minima and also has no published vertical descent angle (VDA). See the example in the attached document.
Pilots must be aware that affected RNAV (GPS) approaches are not available in the list of selectable approaches on the affected navigation systems. The pilot should always accomplish the following actions as part of flight planning activities prior to any IFR flight:
- Use the procedures page/pane on the navigation system to verify availability of procedures for destination airports in your flight plan and/or along your intended route of flight
- Check the Excluded Database Items list on http://fly.garmin.com for excluded procedures that may affect your flight
This issue is resolved in the following software versions:
- G1000, Cirrus Perspective, Embraer Prodigy, G950, and G900X GDU software versions 15.00 and later
- G2000, G3000, and G5000 GDU software versions 5.00 and later
- GNS 400W/500W Series main software versions 5.10 and later
- GTN 6xx/7xx Series main software versions 5.13 and later
For products with earlier software versions than listed above, most procedures originally affected by this issue have been restored to the database beginning with Navigation Database Cycle 1912 (effective November 7, 2019). A small number of procedures will continue to be affected and excluded from databases using earlier software versions. Those excluded procedures will continue to be listed on http://fly.garmin.com.