All SBAS (WAAS) enabled Garmin Integrated Flight Decks (G1000/Cirrus Perspective/ Embraer Prodigy/G900X/G950), GPS 400WGNC 420W/GNS 430W/GPS 500W/GNS 530W, and SBAS (WAAS) enabled GNS 480/CNX80 units are affected.
CDI (Course Deviation Indicator)/HSI (Horizontal Situation Indicator) scaling on a limited number of LNAV/VNAV, and LNAV+V approaches is incorrect. LPV approaches and LNAV approaches without advisory (+V) vertical guidance are not affected.
For this to occur, all of the following conditions must be met:
- Vector-to-Final has not been selected
- The approach is labeled “L/VNAV” or “LNAV+V” by the system
- The distance between the FAF (Final Approach Fix) and the MAP (Missed Approach Point) is greater than seven nautical miles
A list of affected LNAV/VNAV approaches can be found here:
Beginning with the database cycles listed below, Garmin has removed the capability of selecting the affected approaches until this issue is addressed in a future software release.
- Database cycle 1013, effective December 16, 2010 (Garmin Integrated Flight Deck Systems and GNS 400W/500W-series units)
- Database cycle 1103, effective March 10, 2011 (GNS 480/CNX80 units)
Affected LNAV/VNAV and LNAV+V approaches will be available as LNAV-only approaches.