All GTS Processor GTS 825/GTS 855/GTS 8000 units (011-02571-0( )) with software version 3.12 (or earlier) and interfaced to a GTN 6XX/7XX, GNS 4XX(W)/5XX(W), GNS 480, G500, G500H, G600, GMX 200, MX20, or other 3rd party flight display systems are affected.
The current GTS Processor software version can be viewed by using the GTS Processor Install Tool (refer to the Modification Instructions section of this bulletin), on the software label adjacent to the GTS Processor serial number tag (for installations unable to electronically display the software part number), or on the display for those units interfaced through HSDB (e.g. GTN 6XX/7XX, G500, G500H, and G600).
Optional: This STC Service Bulletin may be incorporated at the owner’s discretion and is not warranty reimbursable.
GTS Processor software version 3.13 includes the following enhancements:
- Improves magnetic variation calculation by using the internal Magnetic Variation Database when all other sources are invalid
- Improves NAR (Non-Altitude Reporting) intruder bearing calculation
- Updates the Audio Database to replace the message “Increase Descend” with “Increase Descent”
- Improves own ship airborne/on-ground logic
- Resolves an issue with reporting TIS-B service status when configured as a TCAS II and ADS-B In processing is enabled