GDL 84/88 units installed under the GDL 84/88 Part 23 AML STC SA02119SE are eligible for this software update.
Optional – STC Service Bulletin 1636 may be incorporated at the owner’s discretion.
This Service Bulletin provides notification of an update to the AML STC MDL for GDL 84/88 system software version 3.33, which contains the following changes from version 3.32:
- Support for ADS-B In Optimized Legacy ADS-B interface for third-party avionics display integration
- Improvements to ADS-B In the Legacy Traffic w/Alt interface for G1000 installations
- Improvements to ADS-B In traffic prioritization to prevent the display of only ground targets while the own-ship is high above an airport
- Improvements for ADS-B In own-ship shadow detection of TIS-B targets, which prevents nuisance own-ship alerts
- Corrected ADS-B Out NICbaro status encoding error to maintain compliance with ADS-B Out transmission requirements for the following equipment:
* G500/600 with GTN 6XX/7XX