G3X Touch systems installed using Approved Model List (AML) Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) SA01899WI are affected.
STC SA01899WI MDL Revision 11
Recommended: Compliance with this service bulletin is recommended.
This STC Service Bulletin announces the approval of G3X Touch EFIS software version 9.00 which includes the following updates:
- Supports integrated Smart Glide functionality when paired with a GTN™ 6XX/7XX Xi navigator with software version 20.23 or later.
- Supports GSU 25D p/n 011-02929-56, GAD 29D p/n 011-03236-21, and GSA 28 p/n 011-02927-21.
- G3X™ software version 9.00 includes G5 software version 8.00 which supports using the G5 version 3 battery (011-03893-02) when G5 is installed as the standby instrument.
- G3X can now be configured to support remote control and display of transponder functions for GTX™ 3X5D(R) Diversity transponders.
- Includes the 2020 IGRF Magnetic Field Model. This will clear the system message ‘AHRS IGRF data out of date.’
- New EIS configuration setting which keeps all normally displayed gauges on the Main Engine Display (EIS strip) when the Engine page is selected.
- Supports cross-fill of fuel flow information from G3X to GTN navigators.
Installations with interface to resistive fuel probes where the system was installed using G3X AML STC Installation Manual Rev 8 (MDL Rev 9) or earlier must implement Mandatory Garmin SB 2134 before installing G3X software version 9.00. If version 9.00 is loaded prior to complying with SB 2134, a system message ‘Engine Interface configuration error’ will be displayed.
Additional information about the changes included in G3X Touch EFIS software version 9.00 can be found here: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=14567
This amendment to the G3X Touch EFIS STC also includes the following updates:
- Installation approval for the new GSU 25D p/n 011-02929-56 and GAD 29D p/n 011-03236-21.
- Approval for the G5 software to be updated independently of G3X when the G5 is installed as the standby instrument.
Independent software updates will be allowed for future versions after G5 v8.00 and G3X v9.00 are loaded.
- Approval to use the TCW IBBS (Integrated Backup Battery System) in lieu of the GAD 27 for G3X installations with EIS in 14-volt aircraft (reference AML STC #SA04400NY for TCW IBBS installation).
- Interface approval for Shadin 680501 series fuel flowmeters.
- Added aircraft models to the AML.