Garmin GPS III Pilot products are affected.
Due to storage capacity limitations, Navigation Database cycle 1801 (effective dates 1/4/18 – 2/1/18) will be the last GPS III Pilot supported Navigation Database.
For product replacement considerations, the aera® 660 is a new cost-effective, feature-rich, purpose-built aviation portable.
The aera 660 features:
- A compact 5-inch capacitive touchscreen boasts a bright, sunlight readable display that can be viewed in portrait or landscape modes for optimum customization
- Rich, interactive maps
- Built-in GPS/GLONASS receiver
- Connext® wireless capabilities
- Garmin WireAware™ wire-strike avoidance technology
- New cost-effective database options along with built-in Wi-Fi® database updating capabilities allow pilots to easily access the most up-to-date data, including daily U.S. fuel prices
- Bluetooth® supports the display of ADS-B “In” traffic and weather1 from a variety of sources, including the GDL® 39/GDL 39 3D, GDL 51, GDL 52, Flight Stream and the GTX 345 ADS-B transponder
For more information, see the attachment “1745A” below.