GNS 400W/500W Series main software version 5.30 includes the following changes:
- Added support for using the GDL 88 heading input as a source of system heading.
- Corrected an issue, when configured with a GDL 88 with TCAS and no heading source, with ADS OFF and TCAS ON, the traffic page would incorrectly annunciate traffic as TRK (track up) rather than HDG (heading up).
- Corrected an issue where the TOTAL TRIP TIMER would set to zero upon takeoff if the DEPARTURE TIMER criteria is set for IN AIR.
- Corrected the 'GDL 88 Traffic Alerting has failed' system message to ‘GDL 88 Traffic Alerting Not Available.’
- Expanded the display bounding box for Non-CONUS METARs sent from the GDL 69/69A to include western Alaska and Hawaii.
- Corrected an issue where the GNS did not show the GDL 88 traffic test pattern on the NAV TRAFFIC page.
GPS 400W, GNC 420W, GNS 430W, GPS 500W, GNS 530W installed using the Approved Model List (AML) Supplemental Type Certificate SA01933LA-D are affected.