Wear and Care Tips
The Proper Fit
The band on your Garmin smartwatch or fitness tracker should be worn loosely enough that it can move back and forth on your wrist. However, devices that feature a wrist-based heart rate sensor benefit from a snug but comfortable fit during an activity. Wear the band 2 finger widths above your wrist, and remember to loosen it after a workout.
Keep Things Dry
Thoroughly rinse and allow your device to dry after exposure to sweat from a workout or water from swimming or showering. Prolonged exposure to moisture may result in skin irritation.
Take a Break
Give your skin a break from long-term wear. Switch up the wrist on which you wear your device to help prevent skin irritation.
Things to Avoid
To preserve the appearance of your device and to avoid possible skin irritation, we recommend avoiding exposure to the following chemicals:
- Insect repellants
- Moisturizing creams and lotions
We recommend regularly cleaning your device band to prevent the buildup of sweat and other particles or residue.
Silicone or TPU Elastomer Bands
Rinse with water, and allow the band to dry before wearing.
- To remove residue from lotions, sunscreens, insect repellant, etc., use rubbing alcohol and a lint-free cloth, followed by rinsing with water. Allow the band to dry before wearing.
- Leather bands are intended for casual wear and are not recommended for vigorous activity.
To clean, wipe the leather band with a soft, clean, lint-free cloth. You may dampen the cloth lightly, if needed, to remove dirt buildup. Allow the band to dry completely before wearing.
Leather cleaners and polishes may cause discolouration.
- Note that leather is a natural material and will develop a patina with normal use.
To clean, wipe the metal band with a soft, clean, lint-free cloth. If necessary, dampen the cloth with water. Allow the band to dry completely before wearing.
- Do not use metal polish or abrasives to clean or refinish your metal band. This may result in damage to cosmetic finishes.
- To clean, wash the band in cold water. A mild soap may be used to remove stubborn dirt or stains. Rinse thoroughly with fresh water, and allow to dry completely before wearing.
Watch Bodies and Modules
- Use water to rinse off, or use a dampened lint-free cloth for cleaning.
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush to clean debris away from charging contact points or cavities on the device.
One More Thing
Avoiding Skin Irritation
If you follow the above tips, you should not expect to have issues from wearing a Garmin device. However, if you develop redness or irritation, discontinue wearing the device until your skin has healed. Make sure you thoroughly clean your device and band, following the respective wear and care tips. If symptoms persist, consult a physician or dermatologist.