Updates & Downloads
FlightBook software version 2.5.1
as of November 16, 2005
View installation instructions and system requirements
- What is FlightBook? FlightBook is a PC application which allows you to transfer, manage, analyze, save, and print flight data from your GPSMAP 96, 96C, 196, 296, 396, 496, 695, 696 and iQue 3600a. This flight data will automatically contain total time, day and night condition times, cross-country and PIC time, departure and arrival locations (airport name and ID), number of landings, aircraft ID, distance, max speed, and max altitude for each flight. Once in FlightBook, the flight data can be updated with additional information, including number of instrument approaches, actual and simulated instrument time, remarks, etc. Totals for the flights can be specified for all flights, select flights, or flights in the last user-specified number of days. Pilot logs can be printed using the 'traditional' layout or customized to fit the pilot's needs.
Changes made from version 2.4 to 2.5.1:
- Added Windows Vista compatibility.
Changes made from version 2.3 to 2.4:
- Added support for the iQue 3600a
- Added preference that allows the time to be displayed in hours and minutes in addition to current decimal hours.
- Fixed problem where unit preferences were not retained.
- Fixed rare 'float invalid operation' issue.
- Added ability to hide, show, or reorder more than one column at a time in the Column Layout dialog.
Changes made from version 2.1 to 2.3:
- Added USB support to support the GPSMAP 296.
- Made small changes to Flight dialog to enhance robustness.
Changes made from version 2.0 to 2.1:
- Fixed problem where FlightBook wouldn't run when the computer had no printer installed.
- Fixed the tab order in the Flight Properties dialog.
- Fixed the Night and Day total times in the printed report.
- Corrected Ctrl-A to select all.
- Fixed problem where FlightBook crashes when printing if the Report Layout specifies 'Use Totals Filter' and the filter doesn't specify any flights.
- Added 'Filter:' field to report header if not All Flights.
- Changed to blank out fields in the printed totals when they are 0 to make them consistent with all other fields.
- Download the FlightBook installation file into a directory on your hard drive. (e.g., c:\garmin).
- Change to the directory in which you downloaded the files, (e.g., c:\garmin), and run the executable file (.exe).
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the FlightBook installation.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system and an available USB or Com 1, 2, 3, or 4 port.
- PC Interface Cable for your GPS unit. The PC Interface Cable may be purchased through your local Garmin distributor or ordered direct from our Online Store.