Updates & Downloads
Voice, GPSMAP 276C/278/296/378/478 software version 2.20
as of October 30, 2006
View installation instructions and system requirements
Changes made from version 2.10 to 2.20:
Changes made from version 2.00 to 2.10:
- Made corrections to resolve incompatible audio versions.
- Added French Canadian, Portuguese and Flemish languages.
- Download the self-extracting archive file for your GPS onto your hard drive.
- Connect your GPS to a free USB or serial port on your PC with the correct PC interface cable.
- Turn on your GPS. If you are using USB, ensure it shows USB as connected when the cable is plugged in. If you are using serial, ensure the Serail Data Format is set to 'Garmin Data Transfer' for the port you are using. You can find this setting on the 'Com 1' or 'Com 2' tab of the 'Setup' section of the Main Menu.
- Open the self-extracting archive file and follow the instructions provided by the update application. During the upload, the GPS will display 'Transferring Data...' The upload process should take 1-10 minutes to complete, depending on interface used for update. When the upload is completed, the GPS will return to normal operation.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system and an available USB or Com 1, 2, 3, or 4 port.
- PC Interface Cable for your GPS unit. The PC Interface Cable may be purchased through your local Garmin distributor or ordered direct from our Online Store.