Updates & Downloads
eTrex Legend Cx/Vista Cx/Venture Cx (region file only) software version 3.40
as of December 3, 2009
View system requirements
Changes made from version 3.30 to 3.40:
- Fix tracks snap to roads issue when 'Lock On Road' is off.
- Fix minutes to hours roll over issue.
Changes made from version 3.20 to 3.30:
- Correct disorderly waypoint data index in previous version.
Changes made from version 3.10 to 3.20:
- Fix potential lock up when SD card installed.
- Fix the contour data intermittently drawing over interstates of Topo Map.
- Improve the blue shading color when using the setting 'Marine colors' in Daytime display mode.
- Fix incorrect highlight index at unit field in 'Area Calculation' page after select reset in menu.
Changes made from version 3.00 to 3.10:
- Correct time scale of altimeter chart (Vista only).
- Add support for maps greater than 2 GB.
- Increase precision of user grid input field.
- Disable the calculation message when GPS is off.
Changes made from version 2.90 to 3.00:
- Fix Marine map POI issue.
Changes made from version 2.80 to 2.90:
- Correct German translation of 'delete all waypoints'.
- Fix data card unlock failure when 2 cards of the same map set are used in one device.
- Improve sun times for polar regions.
- Fix issue where ETA in non motor vehicle modes can be unreasonably short.
- Increase precision of distance measurement to the cursor on the map page.
- Allow backlight adjustment on the track back point selection page.
- Fix shutdown when editing Estonian Grid coordinates.
- Correct daylight saving time for New Zealand.
- Improve selection of the names of cross roads with NT maps.
- Correct potential shutdown when viewing a vertical profile.
- Correct European word translation of 'Find' and 'Mark'.
- Support multiple languages in American version.
Changes made from version 2.70 to 2.80:
- Fix potential shutdown when searching UK extended postal codes.
- Ensure that all UK extended postal code search results are shown.
- Enable the Quit button function on the geocache compass page.
- Change number of lines of text in the address field on map feature review page from 4 to 6.
- Improve robustness when recovering from a partial map load.
- Added better compatibility with Mac computers in USB mass storage mode.
- Improved pedestrian route calculation for shortest distance method.
- Added ability to recalculate a direct goto route.
- Fix issue where MPC maps could potentially cause a shutdown.
- Address issue where nearest points search would skip some points.
- Changed datum used in the SWEREF 99TM grid to GRS80.
- Changed datum used in the Estonian grid to GRS80.
- Correct the Swiss grid calculation.
- Fix potential shutdown when using TOPO West 1999.
- Fix potential shutdown on track setup for data card when track log files have long file names.
- Corrected French translation for 'Log track points'.
- Improved promptness of the turn review page.
- Fix potential shutdown when propagating in a cul-de-sac across a map boundary.
- Added more time zones.
- Add A905/D900 unlock code communication protocol.
- Make route recalculation on MPC maps behave like City Navigator maps.
- Remove lithium ion as a battery choice.
Changes made from version 2.60 to 2.70:
- Updated daylight saving time dates.
- Add capability for 2 wide data fields on map, compass, and highway pages.
- Add capability for 1 wide data fields on map page.
- Add data card information page.
- Add selectable alarms for proximity waypoints and custom POI.
- Improve labeling and scanning of custom POI on the map page.
- Add capability to see vertical profile of an autoroute using DEM topo data.
- Fixed issue with incorrect dates showing when editing the data field for Sun & Moon page and Hunt & Fish page.
- Fixed issue where invalid find menu options could show when using the Auto Order feature.
- Fixed issue where route names would be converted to upper case during editing.
- Fixed issue where invalid related software can be selected when using the WebUpdater.
- Fixed issue where keyboard characters won't update when editing the Welcome message.
Changes made from version 2.50 to 2.60:
- Fixed problem of shutdown when viewing map Topo Great Britain v2.
- Improved drawing of lines for MPC maps.
- Reduced variation in battery gauge indicator.
- Fixed display scrolling issues when searching for roads.
Changes made from version 2.40 to 2.50:
- Add ability to put unit into USB mass storage mode via the interface setup page to facilitate copying track files from data card to PC.
- Improved the stability of MicroSD card data read and write.
Changes made from version 2.30 to 2.40:
- Improve path nighttime color for map Topo Great Britian v2.
- Add feature to save active track log to file on data card.
- Enhance layout and functionality of tide station chart information.
- Add new time zones for major cities in the U.S. and Europe.
- Fix UTC offset for Las Vegas time zone.
- Improve reset function of timer lap distance.
Changes made from version 2.20 to 2.30:
- Improve stability of unit after loading a large map set.
- Increase loadable maps to 2025.
- Enhance visibility of paths in map Topo Great Britian v2.
- Vista only: Fix potential lockup on Welcome screen when the track log has been turned off and cleared and then the unit is powered off and back on.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system and an available USB or Com 1, 2, 3, or 4 port.
- PC Interface Cable for your GPS unit. The PC Interface Cable may be purchased through your local Garmin distributor or ordered direct from our Online Store.